A Quick Look at What it is Like to be a Client of Wheat-Givens Financial...
Expect great service, personalized for you. It takes extra time to do things right and our clients are worth it! We meet with each client with the expectation of truly understanding their needs, their goals, their concerns and what strategies will work best with their current situation.
Once we have taken the time to get to know you, only then do we develop a truly unique plan with which our clients are comfortable. We take the time to make sure each client understands our philosophy, their financial, retirement or investment plan and knows that we are working hard for their best interests. We aren't in this business to "get rich quick" and our clients know that's not a feasible long-term strategy for their financial lives either. You won't find a set of model portfolios or third-party money managers in our practice either. None of our clients are a "model 8" and their hard-earned money shouldn't be managed that way.
Our planning services are completely separate from our fee-based investment management services. We want our clients to know that we are on their team, whether they use all of our services or only one or a few of them. It doesn't make sense to us to require that we manage investments for someone who just needs to know they are on the right track.
Clients benefit when we keep up with current regulations, strategies and products. Phil and Lori both hold the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designations. Both are licensed investment advisors, registered representatives of United Planners Financial Services of America and licensed life insurance agents. In addition, Phil holds the following:
- Masters of Science in Financial Services
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™
- Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist™
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist™
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant™
- Chartered Life Underwriter
These certifications, designations and registrations set us apart from many in the financial services field as obtaining and maintaining them holds us to the standards and ethics of their issuing organizations, as well as hours of continuing education.
Investing with Wheat-Givens Financial
Should our planning clients decide to pursue an investment management relationship with us, our ongoing attention and communication with our clients is where we really shine. Client holdings are reviewed daily, so we know where you stand. We publish monthly reports (view sample) based on each client's investment plan, illustrating, in executive summary format, how each account's holdings match up with their plan. When something needs attention, a highlighted note indicates that we need to speak with the client. We also reach out via email to make sure that items for attention are addressed in a timely manner.
- Determine the timing targets of your goals
- Analyze your individual risk/return comfort level
- Develop specific investment strategies that match your total situation
- Select investments from a broad array of marketable securities
- Monitor your investments mix in an ongoing manner (We review your investments every market day)
- Provide ongoing, meaningful communication between you and us
- Ensure your investment plan is in concert with your total financial and family situations as they are now, and as they change over time